Samsung 770P EDID problem

Vedran Rodic vrodic at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 08:17:56 PDT 2007

The problem is that the current code doesn't have a standard way to
handle these kind of quirks. The solution would be to move the
DDC_checksum checking to a later point (in
hw/xfree86/ddc/interpret_edid.c) and add a quirks mode for bad
checksums, or add more sanity checking to the  xf86InterpretEDID
function. I feel that the latter is a better way to go, since likely
there are many monitors that exibit this kind of edid data defect, but
I'm waiting for feedback of other Xorg developers before I start
writing any code.