Videos using xv are too wide

James Newsome mailing_list_user at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 10 20:19:44 PDT 2007

Hello,

Laptop
Intel 945GM
1280x800 LCD
Driver version 2.0

My laptop's wide screen display has an aspect ratio of 1.6:1 (1280/800).  When I play a video using xv output, the video window is too wide.  As an example, a video that should display at a 4:3 aspect ratio in fact plays at a 1.6:1 ratio.  This happens when mplayer uses xv, opengl, or opengl with multiple textures as the output method.  However the video plays as expected with x11 output.  Do you think this is a driver issue or a mplayer issue?

Thanks