Preliminary OLPC xkb definitions

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Mon Jun 11 15:32:49 PDT 2007

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le Lun 11 juin 2007 12:36, Bernardo Innocenti a écrit :
>> Hello Sergey,
>>
>> I'm submitting these miscellaneous changes to xkb related to
>> the OLPC.
>
> BTW I saw on some OLPC documents you were basing your fr layout on the
> default fr map.

I wasn't aware of it.  Could you provide a pointer?  I've Cc'd
Walter Bender, who probably knows better than I do.

> Please don't do that. There are several nicer alternatives in
> xkeyboard-config (oss is one but I may be biaised). fr seems to have
> been autogenerated at some time by shuffling us qwerty in azerty
> without looking at third and fourth-level symbols, and as a result
> important French symbols like «» are no longer next to one another.
>
> (Since there is no official maintainer for default "fr", no one dares
> fixing it, and changes go in alternative layouts)
>
> I'll review and merge any fr(oss) change OLPC feels necessary if you
> chose this layout.

I'm unable to fix or even test the fr keyboard layout for
the OLPC or even for standard pc105 keyboards, because I
don't have any.

But we merge with whatever comes from upstream and we also accept
patches.  So, if you ever get to do it, drop me a message.

--
   // Bernardo Innocenti
 \X/  http://www.codewiz.org/