Preliminary OLPC xkb definitions

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Jun 11 22:29:13 PDT 2007

Le lundi 11 juin 2007 à 18:42 -0400, Walter Bender a écrit :
> I've love suggestions regarding a decent fr layout. The default in xkb
> is really awful.  At the moment, none of the countries are asking for
> a AZERTY keyboard, but when they do, it would be worthwhile giving
> them something functional.

Well my suggestion is to dump the default and look at the several
alternatives defined in xkeyboard-config (latin9 : historical Linux
variant, oss : recent reworking of this variant, etc). They'll still be
constrained by the azerty terrible basic design, but they try to fix
everything not set in stone in existing keyboards serigraphy.

--
Nicolas Mailhot