intel i915 hardware limit @ 2048x2048 for DRI?

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Jun 12 00:51:15 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-12 at 00:36 +0100, Colin Guthrie wrote:

> The i965 is 4096 IIRC.

(I think it's 8192, but in any case, big enough for most current uses)

> Keith P said that the 2048 limit will eventually be worked around but
> for now you are out of luck.

I'm fairly sure I sad 'could eventually be worked around' as interest in
doing this work has yet to materialize. The 'work around' here is to
create two separate frame buffers, one for each crtc and then create two
separate clip lists for every drawing operation to draw first to one
frame buffer and then to the second. For 2D, this wouldn't be a huge
pain, but for 3D, it would be quite a bit more work.

Icky.

keith.packard at intel.com