R500 initial driver release announcement

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Thu Jun 14 12:53:38 PDT 2007

Jerome Glisse wrote:
> It seems it fail to set pll at least the log doesn't show the pll line which
> should be right after mode line at the end. Try after fglrx run and make
> sure you removed fglrx kernel module before starting with avivo (i am
> not sure this can cause problem).

So because on F7 fglrx hard crashes, all I did was load the kernel
module modprobe fglrx, saw that it detected the card in dmesg, rmmoded
the module and then started X with avivo driver. Same result as far as I
can tell. Xorg log follows. By 'Try after fglrx run' do I need to get
fglrx to load X windows fully? As I'm not sure what it should be doing.

Attached is what seems to be an identical log file.

Also did you want the ids/patch from this card?

--
Nathanael D. Noblet
Gnat Solutions