Stuck trying to install Intel drivers from git sources

Chris Pemberton cjpembo at embarqmail.com
Thu Jun 14 15:32:21 PDT 2007

Hello,

I'm using the guide located here:

http://www.intellinuxgraphics.org/install.html

I have a kernel under a week old, so I have a latest agpgart.
I git the latest drm, mesa and 2D driver by:

git-clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-intel
git-clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/drm
git-clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/mesa

Drm and libdrm compile and install ok.

When installing the 2D driver:

./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr
checking for /usr/include/xorg/dristruct.h... yes
checking for /usr/include/xorg/damage.h... yes
checking whether to include DRI support... yes
checking for xf86Modes.h... no
configure: error: Must have X server >= 1.3 source tree for mode setting
code. Please specify --with-xserver-source

I understand xf86Modes.h is in xorg-server.  My distro comes with
xorg-xerver 1.3.0.0.  Should I use this or somehow "git" a more recent
version?

Thanks,

Chris