SyncMaster 205BW / Intel i810 timing issued

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Sat Jun 16 19:13:14 PDT 2007

On 15 Jun 2007, at 03:04, Andy Armstrong wrote:
> In the DCC gathered modelines I see two 1680x1050 modes - one with
> +H/-V and one with -H/+V. I bet it's using the +H/-V one. I think
> if it switched to +VSync everything would be fine.
>
> Is there a way to force it to use the -H/+V modeline or should I
> just grit my teeth and install the latest release?

I gritted my teeth :)

I grabbed the source for xorg-server-1.3.0 from Gutsy (the next
Ubuntu release) and the latest Intel driver from the git repo at
intellinuxgraphics.org. You need at least xorg-server-1.3.0 to build
the Intel driver.

That all built and installed cleanly. I rebooted and everything
worked - albeit with the same sync polarity issue I had with the
stock Feisty drivers.

So I did a really ugly thing: everywhere in the Intel drivers that
the sync polarity is set I forced it to be +H/+V. Built, installed,
rebooted and - magic! - I get a nice crisp display. It works.

If it'd be helpful I'll take a little time to understand the proper
way to fix it and submit a patch?

Andy Armstrong, hexten.net