R500 initial driver release announcement

Jerome Glisse j.glisse at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 16:52:31 PDT 2007

On 6/18/07, Nathanael D. Noblet <nathanael at gnat.ca> wrote:
> Jerome Glisse wrote:
> > On 6/18/07, nathanael at gnat.ca <nathanael at gnat.ca> wrote:
> >> Quoting Jerome Glisse <j.glisse at gmail.com>:
> >
> > Might be wrong try this instead:
> > Ok while avivo is running could you try in an xterm:
> > avivotool regset 0x7a50 0
> > avivotool regset 0x7a3C 0
> > avivotool regset 0x7a00 1
> >

> Again, not change, not a flicker nothing. Am I supposed to restart X
> after these commands or do anything at all?? Or do I just run them from
> an xterminal, I assume the gnome terminal program is fine as well...

This command should activate dac2 on the second connector but in
fact you won't need that as i guess first connector is vga and second
one is dvi right ? So on first connector we should enable dac1 and on
second we should enable tmds2. I will make the driver more verbose
on which dac/tmds it enables and make sure it properly enable them.

This from xterm (gterm fine) should enable second tmds thus bring
the proper things on the screen.

avivotool regset 0x7a94 0x111
avivotool regset 0x7ad8 0x101001
avivotool regset 0x7b10 0x10000011