how to grab text from other windows

Liu Yubao yubao.liu at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 05:31:52 PDT 2007

Hi,
   First, if it is not the proper mail list for this topic, I apologize,
please remind me the right mail list.

   I need a program that can grab text from other windows when I click
the text. I have seen editres utility can grab X resource tree from other
windows but now I find it doesn't work for GNOME applications.

   Does anybody know whether there is a program has this feature or some
document can tell me how to realize one? I want to write a convenient
translation program with this feature but I know little about X window
programming, so I need your help.

   Any suggestion and tip is appreciated.

Best regards,

Liu Yubao