Pixman call needed a wrapper to fix some rendering problems in Xming

Soeren Sandmann sandmann at daimi.au.dk
Tue Jun 19 08:23:34 PDT 2007

"Colin Harrison" <colin.harrison at virgin.net> writes:

> > http://www.freedesktop.org/~sandmann/fillfix.patch
>
> > and see if it also fixes?
>
> Doesn't fix the Xming rendering problem.
>
> A refresh of the fbGetDrawable (with new automatic variables) was how the
> original fbSolidFillmmx function worked.
> I just re-instated the original and then brought it up-to-date (i.e. with
> the new pixman_fill call) to derive my patch empirically, i.e. by
> brute-force testing.
> No great flashes of genius or knowledge of why it works, I'm afraid!

I think we really need to find out what's going on here before
changing the code. Unfortunately I don't have a Windows setup where I
can run Xming, so I can't debug.

It would be very useful to know whether pixman_fill() is called with
different arguments depending on whether your patch is applied.

Also, a screenshot of the corruption could be useful.

Thanks,
Soren