Support of Mobility Radeon X1400 (avivo)

Michael Olbrich michael-olbrich at web.de
Tue Jun 19 14:56:48 PDT 2007

On Sun, Jun 17, 2007 at 08:37:25PM -0700, Dan Nicholson wrote:
> On 6/17/07, Simon Ochsenreither <simon at ochsenreither.de> wrote:
> >
> > I got my Radeon X1400 working by adding the appropriate PCI-IDs to the
> > code in avivo, the resolution is quite wrong, but it displayed GDM ok (3
> > times,
> > one above another, but well), but no crash etc.
> >
> > What should I do now?
>
> If you can create a patch from the changes you made and post it here,
> that would be good.

Well, I don't know if my patch (attached) is correct, but it works for
me. Mostly anyways. If I try to use avivo after fglrx my system locks
completely.
Scrolling in xterm is _very_ slow, but not in eterm. Is that normal
right now?
When running glxinfo in "Xephyr +extension Composite" Xephyr segfaults.
It may be a Xephyr problem but it doesn't happen with fglrx. The
backtrace only contains "??" so I can't say what the cause is.

michael