Compiling xlis

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 10:33:17 PDT 2007

On 6/20/07, David Woodfall <dave at unrealize.co.uk> wrote:
> I want to compile xlib because of the Gimp bug but I'm having problems
> locating the sources for 6.9. I keep downloading .PS.gz files which I take
> it are postscript files.
>
> Where can I get the source?

The terminology is a bit confusing here. Xlib is the X protocol
library, and what you're downloading is the PostScript documentation
of it. The actual implementation is in the libX11 package. The modular
versions are here:

http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/individual/lib/

But it might be an issue mixing versions if you're using Xorg-6.9. You
might want to contact your distro about this.

--
Dan