HDTV video hardware suggestions?

Daniel Waineo danwaineo at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 20 10:35:53 PDT 2007

--- Richard Bronosky <BrunosJunk at Bronosky.com> wrote:

> I'm looking to upgrade my MythTV (
> http://bronosky.com/?p=21 ) which
> chokes badly on HD output.  I'm wondering which
> Intel hardware will
> best support hardware decoding of QAM broadcast
> HDTV.
>
> I'm interested in video chipset suggestions.  (What
> is currently
> supported, what the hardware is capable of and
> should support soon.)
> I'd also be interested in motherboard suggestions.
> It has to have DVI
> and toslink.
>
> There is no such thing as an intel video card (pci,
> AGP, or
> PCI-express) is there?
>
> --
> .!# RichardBronosky #!.

Hi Richard,

I can share my experience with you.  I've got an intel
DG965OT board with x3000 video hardware.  I'm using it
to watch OTA HDTV and it works very well.  The one
problem I have with it is video tearing, because
syncing to vertical refresh is not supported in the
driver yet.  My understanding is that they are working
on it.  It's a little annoying, but I'm still enjoying
mythtv a lot despite this one issue.

Toslink:
I never got on board sound to work with this board,
digital or otherwise.  I ended up purchasing a sound
card.  I don't see anyone else with this issue, so it
may have been a problem with me or bad hardware.

There are no discrete intel graphics cards at this
time.

-Dan