X (git version as of 06/20) on intel 855 completely borked

Łukasz Jernaś deejay1 at srem.org
Thu Jun 21 13:10:15 PDT 2007

Dnia czwartek, 21 czerwca 2007, emmanuel ALLAUD napisał:
>    Hi all
> I pulled git yesterday 06/20 and my X is now unusable (fortunately i kept
> around the distro version ;-) Symptoms: X displays only vertical lines of
> different colors on the screen and I can only CRTL-ALT-DEL, nothing else
> works (eg CTRL-ALT-BAKCSP does not kill X) I pulled today but nothing new.
> Any idea?

Seems fine here:
[root at betty ~]# lspci
[---snip--]
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82852/855GM Integrated
Graphics Device (rev 02)
00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation 82852/855GM Integrated Graphics
Device (rev 02)

Todays snap from about 17:00 CET

--
Łukasz [DeeJay1] Jernaś