Intel 2.0.0 Driver : Override device detection?

Stephen Williams stephen.gw at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 15:31:48 PDT 2007

On 6/25/07, Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-06-24 at 13:59 +0100, Stephen Williams wrote:
> > If my system is switched on without the connected LCD TV being
> > switched on the X server fails to start. This is because the Intel
> > driver (correctly) fails to detect any connected devices.
>
> It shouldn't matter if the device is off; the server should still detect
> the presense of the monitor through the cable. Are you running it
> through some kind of switch?

Ok, I am not using a switch, just a direct DVI to HDMI cable to
connect a brand new Panasonic LCD TV (Model TX32LXD70 ) from a mac
mini.

i've attached two xorg log files, one when the TV is on and one where
the TV is off.

Let me know if there's anymore information I can provide to help debug this.

Thanks,
Stephen