intel 2.0 drivers: composite and xv/opengl

Giovanni Masucci gio.grifis at fastwebnet.it
Mon Jun 25 21:07:09 PDT 2007

with intel drivers, on a 945GM card, with a composite manager running (compiz,
kompmgr etc.) I can't see video with xv. All I have is a black window. As
soon as I kill the composite manager I can see the picture! Is this expected
to be solved with new releases of drivers?
Also I have a problem with opengl. If I launch an opengl app (say, glxgears)
with compiz (or others) running, this apps is always visible, even if I move
a window on the top of it! This is very annoying...again, as soon as I kill
the composite manager it behaves like expected.
Thank you for your answers,
Giovanni