Bugs in xf86-video-intel 1.9.91 (2.0 RC1)

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Wed Mar 7 10:59:32 PST 2007

> On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 12:41 -0500, Ken Mandelberg wrote:
>
> > Do you have any ideas why I m killing the Xserver with the subsequent
> > git, or the 1.9.91 (2.0 RC1) tarball release, with or without the extra
> > monitor section? It must be related to one of the last code changes.
>
> I don't have any idea; can you build the server and driver for debugging
> and get a more complete stack trace under gdb? And, can you send the
> xorg.conf file which causes the segfault?

Hi!
  It was my fault. I don't know how to use git to checkout the correct branch.
In the Xorg wiki, there are only overall instructions, how to get the master
branch of everything, not how to walk through various branches and tags.
  When using the tarball, it works as expected, no crashes anymore.
                 With regards, Pavel Troller