Ignore laptop LCD when external display present

Ian Pilcher i.pilcher at comcast.net
Sat Mar 10 08:31:29 PST 2007

Ross Burton wrote:
> I'm using the all new RandR 1.2, with the Intel driver.  I didn't notice
> that you were using radeon (damn this cold, I can't think straight).

OK, so it looks like I won't be able to use RandR to adjust outputs,
resolution, etc. while X is running, but I'm OK with that.

All I really need is a configuration that will make X use the external
display at its full resolution when its attached, and use the built-in
LCD at its resolution when there's no external display attached.  (The
decision being made when X starts.)

Is there no way at all to do this?

Thanks for everyones' repsonses!