TV-out support ANYWHERE?

Dirk Thierbach dthierbach at gmx.de
Tue Mar 20 06:34:19 PDT 2007

On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 11:22:10AM +0100, Csillag Kristof wrote:
> > TV-Out does work for some cards to some degree with the driver, and it
> > also works for the old i810 chipset (which is fully documented) with
> > extra programs.

> I have a mainboard with an integrated 965G, but not TV-out.

Just in case: i965 and i810 are different chipsets.

> > The open 'nv' can use tv-out with an extra program.

> I assume you mean the nvtv project. Unfortunately, it does not seem
> to be actively maintained (last release was in 2004.),

Well, I am the main programmer, so I guess active maintenance is
not a problem :-)

> and it does not support newer cards.

Yes, because there are neither specs, nor do I have the hardware
to do some trial and error myself. If you want to donate a card,
you are welcome :-)

> I tested in with a GeForce 7300LE based card, but it did not
> recognize it.

I could update the code with all the new PCI ids, but unless there's
someone who actually has the cards and does the trial and error to
get them to work (NVidia keeps adding new registers that needs to
be initialized, for example), it doesn't make a lot of sense.

>   - an ASUS vga card with integrated GeForce 7300LE chipset.

> None of these seem to work. (And I an not the type that gives up
> easily.)

What's the TV encoder on this card? Is it an external encoder, or
the internal NVidia encoder? (The logfile of the closed source
nvidia driver will show the type). If it's an external encoder, you
can download the source, add the PCI ids and see if it works.
If not, someone has to figure out what registers need to be programmed.

- Dirk