Problems with video-intel 1.9.92

Joe Ammond joe.ammond at edwardjones.com
Wed Mar 21 14:03:02 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-20 at 12:44 -0500, Joe Ammond wrote:
> I'll grab the source from git today and compile.

I grabbed the latest source this morning and did a full
build. The intel driver still has issues on this hardware.
When X starts, the display has a 'speckled' look to it,
like looking through a screen door (I can't describe it any
better, I'll grab a picture tonight). It does initialize
to 1400x1050 correctly, and xrandr displays other available
modes: 1024x768, 800x600, 640x480. If I 'xrandr -s 1024x768',
then I get the green 'melting screen' effect earlier. Blindly
typing 'xrandr -s 1400x1050' switches to that resolution but
with the same effect.

Xorg.0.log attached. I'll see if there's an open bugzilla for
this as well.

ja.
Joe Ammond                                 joe.ammond at edwardjones.com
"drink enough of anything, to make this world seem new again
 i'm drunk drunk drunk in the gardens and the graves" -- gin blossoms