OpenGL fails after server reset in RC2; can't test in RC3

Marty Jack martyj19 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 28 12:42:12 PDT 2007

Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 23:36 -0400, Marty Jack wrote:
>
>> I need logging out and in to work.
>>

> You could always tell your display manager to restart the X server on
> logout as a workaround.

What an excellent suggestion.  And, a prescription I see you have
written before.  I am now up on RC3 server and driver.  OpenGL works, as
does every case of logout/in and VT switching I've tried.  I am happy to
leave it this way indefinitely.

So, we know that there's an issue with server reset in Mesa that is
fixed upstream, and could be backported if desired, and we know that
there's an issue with display blanking after server reset, which I
thought I saw was known to be related to being confused about what pipe
the display is on.

To m h:  A few people including me have seen this.  Try the following:
Find your copy of kdmrc, which may be in different places depending on
distro, but is somewhere under /etc or /usr, and uncomment the line
"TerminateServer=true".