RFC: Video decode acceleration API

Bian, Jonathan jonathan.bian at intel.com
Wed Mar 28 13:48:28 PDT 2007

A lot of current (and future) graphics chipsets (discrete or integrated)
have fixed function pipelines for video decode.  Lack of a common
acceleration interface makes it difficult for applications to take
advantage of these capabilities in the hardware and that is what this
proposal attempts to solve.

Jonathan Bian