G965, VGA flat panel, xf86-video-intel 2.0.0 and xorg-server 1.3.0.0

Andrew J. Barr andrew.james.barr at gmail.com
Mon May 7 07:18:49 PDT 2007

Hi,

I am having an issue with xf86-video-intel 2.0.0 and xorg-server 1.3.0.0
on my G965 system with a VGA (analog) connected flat panel whose native
resolution is 1440x900. It works fine on xorg-server 1.2.99.905 and
xf86-video-intel 1.9.94. The driver refuses to use the panel's native
resolution. My log file and configuration file are attached.

I am using the packages from Debian SID, so if this is an issue specific
to them I can file a bug there, or if this is an issue upstream (e.g.
here) I can file on freedesktop.org.

--
Andrew J. Barr
(614) 581-3537 (Verizon Wireless)