Using 1080i over DVI/HDMI with 965G

Alex Willmer alex at moreati.org.uk
Tue May 8 04:59:01 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-02 at 08:56 +0100, Alex Willmer wrote:
> > I certainly haven't ever seen a monitor that actually asks for an
> > interleaved mode over HDMI/DVI before.
>
> I doubt you ever will. This is an HD television, they're apparently
> still very inflexible about the signals accepted.
>
> I'll see if I can try the machine with a progressive television and
> report back.

I tried the computer with a 1080p television and it worked perfectly. So
my problem is almost definitely related to my television requiring an
interlaced signal.

Before I file a bug report, or (he said laughingly) look at the source
code, I'd like to confirm that the driver is in control of syncing a
signal when using SDVO. Does the xf86-video-intel driver need to be
updated to use 1080i on a x3000? If so and the driver were updated,
would it requir X.org Xserver 1.3 to be effective?

The current adaptor is an Orion ADD2-N Dual Pad x16, based on the
Silicon Image Sil1364 chip:

http://www.siliconimage.com/products/product.aspx?id=2

Can anyone tell me if it would make a difference to use a proper HDMI
card? Such as a PixelView ADD card II:

http://www.prolink-usa.com/item_disp.php?upc=2006886907073

Regards, Alex