Announcing free software drivers for the new Intel? 965GM Express Chipset

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu May 10 07:49:35 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-10 at 12:03 +0200, Lukas Hejtmanek wrote:

> Firts, I did not find any info about functional differencies between X3000 and
> X3100, i.e., the desktop graphic and the mobile graphic. I basically do not
> care about clocking but just about functional differencies, mainly whether
> the X3100 is lacking something that the X3000 possesses.

Oh, that's a good idea. We can create a nice page that lists the
capabilities of the various chips. The 965GM is a mobile version of the
965G and so differs in pretty much the same way as the 945GM does from
the 945G. Same rendering capabilities, but more output support. The
965GM includes TV out and HDMI.

> Second, it would be great to publish your TODO list related to the driver
> developement. It would reduce questions when or whether some feature is
> included.

That belongs on the xorg wiki so it can be updated by anyone doing
driver development.
keith.packard at intel.com