RFC: Official statement on support - pkg-config always required

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Wed May 16 07:42:43 PDT 2007

Hi folks,

as we sometimes have some incompatibility issues w/ old monolithic
stuff, which would get solved if evryone would use pkg-config
(see ie. recent thread on libX11 + libXau), I'd suggest making
an official announcement which tells people that we highly
recommend people to use pkg-config. Evryone not following this
has to be aware of walking on thin ice.

Comments ?

cu
	http://patches.metux.de/