Synaptics MIT license approved

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Wed May 16 14:34:31 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-16 at 16:15 -0500, Alex Deucher wrote:

> Last time this was suggested, the general opinion was to not allow it
> into freedesktop since it was and xorg driver that was GPL.

Not that I recall; fd.o hosts several GPL/LGPL projects already. The
only restriction is that the X.org 'katamari' releases (the 7.x series)
should remain MIT licensed to allow people building GPL-incompatible
systems to continue to use these releases.

There isn't any reason we cannot host GPL licensed drivers in the X.org
git repository, bugzill and mailing lists though, if that would be
convenient for the synaptics developers.

keith.packard at intel.com