X Server setup on ARM Board with PCI VGA card

Rupesh Kumar a.rupesh.k at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 03:32:34 PDT 2007

> > Does this mean that X Server runs the BIOS of the VGA Cards if the card
> is
> > secondary display adapter.
>
> In some cases it will do so yes via the int13 hooks.

Can VGA Cards work without running VGA BIOS at all (like the way network
cards and some other pci cards  work).Whether those kind of cards exist how
can i find out information about those cards.

You said For some video chipsets Documentation is in the public domain for a
lot of others it is not.

How can i find information about those cards. Can you please help me find
any such card.

Rupesh