X Server setup on ARM Board with PCI VGA card

Peter Clifton pcjc2 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Nov 1 16:46:26 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-01 at 11:22 -0700, Jesse Barnes wrote:

> I think VIA devices are fully initialized by LinuxBIOS w/o using the
> video BIOS.  IIRC the Linux kernel has some code for bringing up radeon
> chips to a certain extent.  The Intel driver (with associated Linux
> kernel DRM suspend/resume support) is complete enough that it *should*
> be able to come up without POSTing, though this isn't tested.

My 945GM doesn't like coming back from suspend without being POST'd by
vbetool. Gets very nasty LCD timing as far as I can tell, and I get the
"bleeding to white / green" effect which makes me fear for the life of
my LCD.

Are you referring to different codepaths though Jesse? I'd have thought
many people end up testing the non-posted resume if they don't have /
use vbetool.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,