xserver ( git ) crashes with exa & compiz ( r200 )

Daniel Kasak dan at entropy.homelinux.org
Tue Nov 6 03:16:43 PST 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-06 at 22:00 +1100, Daniel Kasak wrote:

> If I enable EXA though, I get an xserver crash ( see attached log ) when
> compiz starts.

Posted too soon ...

The above happens with 24bit colour. If I switch to 16bit colour,
there's no *immediate* xserver crash, but I get a completely black cube,
with anything that gets rendered ( eg menus ) very corrupted. This ran
for about 1 minute, and then crashed ( sorry I didn't get the log from
that - I can have a go at reproducing it if someone's interested ).

Dan