FOSDEM2008: Xorg DevRoom?

Luc Verhaegen libv at skynet.be
Tue Nov 6 09:38:45 PST 2007

Hi,

It's that time of year again, and the FOSDEM people are well underway
with organising FOSDEM 2008.

For those not familiar with FOSDEM yet, it stands for Free Open Source
Developers European Meeting. It takes place every year, the last weekend
of february, in Brussels, Belgium, on a university campus of the ULB.
This year it will happen on the weekend of the 23rd and 24th.

Main, but of course very preliminary FOSDEM site:
http://www.fosdem.org/2008/

Here are some older FOSDEM websites:

http://archive.fosdem.org/2007/
http://archive.fosdem.org/2006/

Here is some more information on our previous participations:
http://wiki.x.org/wiki/fosdem2007
http://wiki.x.org/wiki/fosdem2006

For the last two years we've had a Developers Room there, and in 2006
this was preceded by a HotHouse event, where we got a room from a
students group of the ULB, and we just spent a day and a half hacking
and talking there.

FOSDEM is free for all. We might want to do a hothouse again, and this
will then also be accessible freely to Xorg developers. The only cost
for anyone visiting us at FOSDEM would be travel, hotel and sustenance.
Since this is only the initial mail, nothing is known about Xorg
funding of anything yet.

So far, a few of the usual suspects in our community have solemnly sworn
to come already (;p), but i would like to inquire about further interest
on the mailinglist. I think i can go ahead and commit to the devroom,
but it would also be nice to know how many people would like to come
this year, and how many people would be interested in a HotHouse.

Thanks,

Luc Verhaegen.
SUSE/Novell X Driver Developer.