[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel-2.1.99

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Nov 9 06:46:28 PST 2007

Jesse Barnes wrote:
> There are still several open issues with this release, but bugs are being
> squashed fairly quickly, so it may shape up into something decent by release
> time.

Just FYI here are the patches currently in the Mandriva package. You can
perhaps take them upstream or perhaps fix in alternative ways?

http://svn.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/packages/cooker/x11-driver-video-intel/current/SOURCES/

* x11-driver-video-i810-vt_fix.patch
We've had this for years and it's reasoning has been lost in the mists
of VCS crashes.... It could be useful, certainly applies cleanly, and
doesn't have any complaints... perhaps someone more knowledgeable than I
can tell if it's needed?

* xf86-video-intel-2.1.1-Fix-G33-GTT-stolen-mem-range.patch
This is the description in the spec: On a laptop VAIO 64bits, the EDID
is not available. Without the patch, it will prefer the "currently
programmed" mode, which really is the current framebuffer mode, ie often
800x600.

* xf86-video-intel-2.1.1-may-prefer-biosmode-over-programmed-mode.patch
David Airlie should know more about this one than I do:
Fix needed after G33 changes added since kernel 2.6.22.6-3mdv2008.0
(http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/9/20/71)

The following are all from Peter Clifton (Ubuntu) who is on this list
and has described most of them in the past (but who is also easily
contactable by email if he doesn't proactively post here shortly ;))

They currently do not apply cleanly (with the exception of patch 5) to
the 2.1.99 release.

01_fix_compiz_video.diff
02_xps1330_tvout_quirk.diff
03_fix_brightness_control.diff
04_fix_hw_restore.diff
05_fix_xv_reset.diff

Sorry if this is more fluff than substance, just trying to make up for
lack of technical skills by being vocal ;)

Keep up the good work.

Col