XOR support for mouse cursors

Ben Swartzlander ben at swartzlander.org
Sat Nov 10 14:45:44 PST 2007

Didn't Microsoft Windows 3.0 have XOR cursors? How is it possible to
patent something that already existed in a shipping product at the time?
SDL currently has XOR cursors -- why haven't they been sued?

Just so I understand, is it the case that the X.org team has considered
implementing XOR cursors, and opted not to purely out of legal fears? Or
has it never seriously been considered?

-Ben Swartzlander