ATI Radeon dual head problem with Xorg-7.3.1

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 07:00:37 PST 2007

On Nov 15, 2007 8:49 AM, Richard Jones <xorg at jonze.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just upgraded from Xorg-6.9 to Xorg-7.3.1 and my dual head
> configuration no longer works.
>
> I've tried a variety of settings from man 4 radeon all of which have the
> same effect - a cloned dual head.
>
> Can anyone help? Attached is my old working config.

The latest versions of the ati driver are randr 1.2 enabled, so the
configuration has changed.  dualhead and output control are now
runtime configurable using xrandr.  See this page for more
information:
http://www.intellinuxgraphics.com/dualhead.html
It's an intel page, but applies to any randr 1.2 capable driver.

Alex