[ANNOUNCE] xf86-input-evdev 1.2.0

James Cloos cloos+pdx-xorg at jhcloos.com
Thu Nov 15 14:10:51 PST 2007

>>>>> "Daniel" == Daniel Stone <daniel at fooishbar.org> writes:

Daniel> Patches are, of course, welcome, but they'll really have to be
Daniel> written by the people who object to HAL.

Agreed.  I am thinking about it.

One possiblity is to keep the brain when configured --without-hal for
the initial device discovery and something run as needed -- ie, not a
daemon process -- to send the dbus messages should hotplugging occur.

But I think I prefer keeping the brain and adding support for inotify(7)
to manage hotplugging.

Evdev is linux-specific anyway, so that shouldn't be a burden.  And it
doesn't look like it'll require much code.

I'll start working on a branch off of the 1.1.5 tag to test this out.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

-JimC