xorg-video-sis bump to 0.9.4?

Tomasz Dominikowski dominikowski at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 15:24:56 PST 2007

Hi!

I would really appreciate if someone could make a new point release of
the Xorg SiS driver (0.9.4) with all the commits after the 0.9.3
release. One of them is very
important:

http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=xorg/driver/xf86-video-sis.git;a=commit;h=391dad44fa305be4cded31cf2f9a4fba7420af99

Without this commit DRI with SiS is completely broken with any
relatively new Xorg version. Thanks to me Ubuntu ships with this
commit applied by default and DRI works OOTB:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mesa/+bug/118325

but unfortunately none of the other distributions do that, so by making a
point release you'd "force" everyone to eventually use the new code
and fix the DRI
issue.

Now, I know SiS is old, obscure and uncommon, but some people still
use it. :] I do, for one.

Regards,
               Tomasz Dominikowski

--