About hal support in server-1.4-branch

Ademar de Souza Reis Jr. ademar at mandriva.com.br
Thu Nov 22 07:31:17 PST 2007

On Thu, Nov 22, 2007 at 12:22:02PM -0200, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade wrote:
>   Hi,

Hi Paulo.

>   Recently we updated Mandriva cooker to server-1.4-branch, so, this
> in is email I should give some feedback and suggestions.
>
>   First, maybe it should not be in what one would expect, based on the
> tag name, as a "bug fixes only" branch :-) But the details:

Actually the problems started since the migration to xserver-1.4.
The server-1.4-branch contains only fixes on top of the 1.4
version, when hal support was introduced and compatibility with
devices configured via xorg.conf was broken (bug #13217).

<snip>

--
Ademar de Souza Reis Jr.
Mandriva - http://www.mandriva.com.br