modular packages and git tags question

Reece Dunn msclrhd at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 25 00:57:12 PST 2007

Hi,

I am in the process of building a modular xorg from the git sources.
My aim is to create buildscripts for xorg 7.0 through 7.3.

In the process of doing this, I have noticed that the earlier versions
of the modular packages have inconsistent tags.

For example, applewmproto and others have XORG-7_0 and XORG-7_1 tags,
but no XORG-7_2 tag. They also have applewmproto-x.y.z tags, but these
are only for the xorg 7.2 packages and later.

Other packages - such as compositeproto - do not have any tags for the
earlier packages. The compositeproto package starts with 0.4 (where
xorg 7.0 uses 0.2.2) and damageproto starts with 1.1.0 (where xorg 7.0
uses 1.0.2). This means that the SHA1 hashes need to be used to get
the appropriate version from the git sources.

Ideally, there should be modular-package-x.y.z tags for all modular
package releases. Are these going to be added to each package?

Thanks,
- Reece