Website maintenance volunteers?

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Wed Nov 28 12:56:29 PST 2007

Another option is ikiwiki which I have lots of experience over the past
year with.

The content is not stored in any database. And you can use your own
backend such as GIT or Subversion and others.

Then contributors can choose to maintain the website using the revision
control system instead of (or in addition to) the web interface itself.

The default content is stored in Markdown format. It is pretty trivial to
convert the data to different formats. I use it to convert to LaTeX and
then to PDF in a nice book format.