Website maintenance volunteers?
Jeremy C. Reed
reed at reedmedia.net
Wed Nov 28 13:25:40 PST 2007
On Wed, 28 Nov 2007, Daniel Stone wrote:
> You're right that ikiwiki is a great option -- we just need someone to
> do it. :)
I will volunteer. I have an account on a freedesktop machine and could
install and set it all up in my own home directory if desired. I could
also spider all content and convert to different format if needed.
Do we have a list of things to be done? Even at the current wiki is fine.
Here is my start based on your email plus some more of my thoughts:
- solve spam problem
- moving away from Moin may not be needed as I am not sure if using
different Wiki engine helps with the goals. If a goal is to use outside
revision control, mirror static website, generate blogs and rss feeds,
then ikiwiki is an idea.
- proper namespacing a lot of stuff (I see currently we have some
redundant wiki pages plus we have many links to nowhere.)
- cleaning everything up
- tiny bit of design work to make it look good
- making it something people will want to work with to improve, rather
than just battle against
- maybe merge in old release docs that haven't been used for past couple
releases. They can be maintained in a wiki.
- maybe allow wiki content to be reused to generate PDFs of documentation
Please (anyone) expand on the above and add to it. What are your ideas for
More information about the xorg