Question on Dual-Head/TwinView Configuration with intel/i810 driver

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Oct 4 08:40:07 PDT 2007

Michael Duelli wrote:
> yes, this is the official manual. It describes only a bigdesktop
> solution, but not how to configure TwinView :-)

AFAIK, "TwinView" is the name nvidia gave to their Xinerama-esque
implementation so it wont be available in any other driver other than
nvidia.

What do you want to do? Are you looking to have two separate display
numbers (e.g. DISPLAY=0.1 and DISPLAY=0.2?) and not be able to drag
windows between them (although let the pointer move between them)?

If so this is a multiple screen system (I think my terminology is
correct - please someone correct me!).

I am not sure how this config is supported in the new randr 1.2 world.
I'm not overly sure as to why one would want it either but that is
another point..... :)

Col