xserver: Branch 'master'

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 08:08:08 PDT 2007

On 10/12/07, Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de> wrote:
> On Oct 12, 07 16:36:24 +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
> > >
> > 'pkg-config --cflags xorg-server' should have -I/usr/include/pixman-1,
> > afaics.  Maybe you're using an old version of pkg-config which doesn't
> > do that?
>
> Maybe. But why should it do it? Also, Requires.private isn't documented,
> even for newer pkg-config.

This was added in pkg-config-0.21:

pkg-config 0.21
===
 - Fix some cosmetic output from pkg.m4
 - Fix build problems with !gcc due to always passing -Wall
 - Documentation fixes
 - We now always add the Cflags from packages we depend on, whether
   they are public or private dependencies.  The discussion surrouding
   this change can be found in http://bugs.debian.org/340904 .
 - Add internal pkg-config package which can be queried for version
   number and other information.

So, you'd have to enforce pkg-config version in the drivers. This can
be done with PKG_PROG_PKG_CONFIG([0.21]) before and
PKG_CHECK_MODULES(...).

--
Dan