LG Flatron L226WTQ with intel and radeon drivers

Vedran Rodic vrodic at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 15:13:10 PDT 2007

Can you try with Xorg server 1.4?

I have a friend that has a 965 based laptop with a Philips 22" screen,
and he has problems with Ubuntu 7.10 (It uses Xorg server 1.3 - the
mode is somewhat narrow, and moved to the left, and unfixable with
monitor controls).  It works fine with Xorg xserver 1.4. Ubuntu 7.10
unfortunately doesn't include the latest stable X server. Debian
unstable includes Xorg server 1.4 packages, and probably other
bleeding edge versions of the distributions also do, so you could try
that.

I'm not sure what code actually is responsible for these bugs, since
I've tried compiling latest git xf86-video-intel with the Xorg 1.3
server, and the bug is still there. Maybe some randr 1.2 ifdefs in the
driver, maybe some code in the server, I'm betting it's something in
the driver, since there are many ifdefs for randr 1.2.

Vedran