XEvents are received after a certian delay

Mon Oct 15 22:30:32 PDT 2007

Itamar Axelrod wrote:
> I'm running on a MIPS machine.
>
> What I had noticed, is that from the moment that an event has occurred to
> the time I receive it - there's a certain delay (~0.2-0.3 secs). The MIPS
> machine is only 300Mhz - but, alas, that's very strange behaviour from the X
> server.
>
> Any suggestions will be highly appreciated!

events are received during SIGIO and then appended to the event queue.
in the main processing loop, the server works one by one through the
queue and delivers them.

if you're busy re-drawing windows, the time until the event is delivered
will be greater.
note that the time field in the event struct is set during SIGIO, so use
this to get the time when the event was actually received by the X server.

Cheers,
   Peter