Problem with xdm's configuration files on Freebsd

Leslie Jensen leslie at eskk.nu
Tue Oct 16 01:19:31 PDT 2007

Hi

At the last update of xdm the location for the
configuration files changed from /usr/local/lib/X11/xdm to
/usr/local/share/examples/xdm/ and now with the update to version
xdm-1.1.6_1 we're back in /usr/local/lib/X11/xdm again, But

Just to test I removed the files from
/usr/local/share/examples/xdm/

Then xdm didn't have any settings and my desktop wouldn't start.
Copying the files from /usr/local/lib/X11/xdm to
/usr/local/share/examples/xdm/ made Xdm work again.

Plus! The xconsole now starts eventhough I've removed the line that
starts it from  Xsetup_0.

Any feedback would be appreciated :-)
/Leslie