LG Flatron L226WTQ with intel and radeon drivers

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.org
Wed Oct 17 00:10:06 PDT 2007

On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 11:56:31AM +0300, Amit Kucheria wrote:
> On 10/16/07, Vedran Rodic <vrodic at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Can you try with Xorg server 1.4?
> >
> > I have a friend that has a 965 based laptop with a Philips 22" screen,
> > and he has problems with Ubuntu 7.10 (It uses Xorg server 1.3 - the
> > mode is somewhat narrow, and moved to the left, and unfixable with
> > monitor controls).  It works fine with Xorg xserver 1.4. Ubuntu 7.10
> > unfortunately doesn't include the latest stable X server. Debian
> > unstable includes Xorg server 1.4 packages, and probably other
> > bleeding edge versions of the distributions also do, so you could try
> > that.
>
> Sounds promising. I will try the packages from debian and report back.
> Bryce: Did xserver 1.4 appear after Ubuntu freeze?

Hi Amit,

Yes, xserver 1.4 was released after the Gutsy upstream freeze.  We
considered making an exception for xserver but ended up opting to
stick with 1.3 and backport fixes as needed.

Btw, if you need to try the latest -ati code, I have a package of
yesterday's -ati git HEAD available here:

  http://people.ubuntu.com/~bryce/Testing/ati/

Bryce