Glucose status/instructions request, (and notes on stale branches)

José Fonseca jrfonseca at tungstengraphics.com
Thu Oct 18 01:10:32 PDT 2007

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 12:55:59 -0700, Carl Worth wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 19:33:53 +0100, Alan Hourihane wrote:
>> Given this is all pretty much work-in-progress, there's a few issues to
>> be worked out.
>
> Yes, I understand. And I apologize if I sounded like I was complaining
> unduly.
>
>> My last email suggests the correct path. Anything else just won't work.
>
> Thanks. I had guess "glucose-<extra-stuff>" for all the branches, and
> that was right for all but one. Thanks for setting me straight.
>
>> I'm hoping to merge this to trunk pretty soon for both xserver and
>> intel code once the final couple of niggles are sorted out.
>
> Sounds great. Thanks for all your work,
>
> -Carl

Carl,

I wrote some quick status info on

  http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/Glucose

The other branches you mentioned (glucose-server-1.4 branch of xserver
glucose-xf86-video-intel-2.1-branch of xf86-video-intel) were branches
based on stable versions of X.Org 7.3 to do some testing. They only build
correctly against X.Org 7.3. But they are now getting outdated and they
will be removed shortly.

José