Glucose status/instructions request, (and notes on stale branches)

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Oct 18 13:25:17 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-10-18 at 21:00 +0100, Alan Hourihane wrote:

> Suppressing this code is not the answer, and the last statement shows
> it's just your opinion, which shouldn't be the overriding factor here.

I'm not suppressing any code; it's in the repository. I just don't want
to have it land on master yet. I spend a lot of time getting users
unstuck from their configuration mistakes when they expect that anything
on master should 'just work'. Right now, we're mostly teaching them to
not use our current code base; I'd like to fix that so that we have more
people running master.

> As you say, you can only encourage OS distributions to ship fewer
> options, but suppressing the ability in the first place isn't the
> answer.

Anyone is welcome to pull from the glucose branch if they like; pulling
from 'not master' will give them a good idea of what to expect in terms
of stability.

keith.packard at intel.com