VNC patch for Xserver 1.3

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Oct 18 15:33:20 PDT 2007

Dan Nicholson wrote:
> You may want to try my patch. I remember fixing this. Or, you just
> need to make sure the symlink-vnc.sh script is executable after
> applying the patch.
>
> chmod +x symlink-vnc.sh
>
> That may be why it's not finding auth.c. I believe it gets symlinked
> from hw/vnc -> hw/xfree86/vnc.

*bang* That was the sound of Dan's hammer hitting Colin's nail on the head.

After applying the patch, I simply do the chmod as you suggest and all
seems well :) Certainly things get past this. I still have issues with
dmx but I don't htink it's related to this specifically so I wont go
into detail.

I'd still suggest a cleanup of the CVS repo to merge the missing
upstream files properly all the same.

Thanks to Stefan and Dan both for the responses.

Cheers

Col